The Story Behind the Food
We catch and eat a lot of catfish. My daughter and I have our "secret spot" on the Red River located right here in Fargo, North Dakota. Our daily limit is 5, which is perfect for the amount we want to prepare and eat for the week. My daughter caught this whiskered monster on a worm she dug out of our garden.
This is a great recipe to make with kids, because it has potato chips. Which means you can snack while you prepare it. So keep in mind you will need to double the amount of chips asked for in this recipe, so you have some to munch on in the process.
- 12 ounces fully cooked catfish (or other fish of you choice)
- 4 ounces sour cream & onion flavored potato chips, crushed to fine crumbs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together, breaking up the catfish as you mix.
2. Divide mixture into 8 equal parts and use your hands to form each into a patty.
3. Place in oven on a lightly greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes. Serve immediately.