The Story Behind the Food
Almost every beachside Bar & Grill around Tampa, Florida has a Smoked Fish Dip appetizer on their menu. We love it and order it somewhere every time we visit. So I took some Catfish I just caught, and tried to replicate those same flavors so we could enjoy it here at home in Fargo, North Dakota.
- 8 ounces mesquite smoked boneless, skinless catfish, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded & finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 4 baby carrots, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
1. Combine all ingredients (except fish) in food processor or stand mixer with paddle, and mix until smooth. Remove and put in bowl.
2. Fold in smoked Catfish with spatula or large spoon until just mixed but not mushy.
3. Chill for 1 hour or overnight and serve with crackers or fresh raw vegetables